Wednesday, May 4, 2011

We are the Keeper of the Insanity... Letting the lemons rot....

Generosity abounds... I am blessed by it.....in and from myself... I believe that giving first is the rule that I live my life by.... the people around me, those that I consider to be friends and of course my loved ones.... I see it.... my mother told me years ago........ like attracts like... those that we choose to surround ourselves with are a mirror of us... you know the old saying "you are known by the company that you keep..."

I see and hear things all the time that tug at my heart.... people suffering at the hands or mouths (because gossip is just as bad in my books) of another human being... makes me wonder where inside that person does such an intense anger come from.... to unleash it upon another human or animal is beyond my comprehension... I know from my own years of learning, reading and listening that it's more about control... controlling others due to lack of control in their own lives..... but come on... we can analyze it anyway you like, slice it up and put a meaning to it, shrink it into a nice tidy little box with a label all you like but it's just plain nasty.... vile.... disgusting....

In my life, on my little piece of the planet I know that I have the opportunity to make a difference... to speak up, to get involved, to act on things I want to change.... to be the change first.... and this is compelling to me.... I see complacency all around me, I shake my head, I can't really understand it but I understand it exists in each of us.... we are the keeper of this insanity.... we find a spot, make it comfy, snuggle in, hunker down and stay put..... oh we hear things, we see things, we smell things that we don't like..... that disgust us but.......... we are just too comfy in what we believe to be comfort in our little piece of the world to really make a difference... to change ourselves first....

I sometimes wish that things that I hear or see didn't affect me so much... that I could just be comfy where I am at this moment... but... there is a truth that I can't deny... I just can't.... I am born to be the change.... this is who I am.... I was given gifts and talents to use for the good of myself, my family and my fellow human.....(animals too) and I am obligated to do it... in my world there is no choice....

I truly understood the meaning of "When Life gives you lemons" last week... I was driving along and this flashed in my brain practically yelling at myself I said "Oh my, I am making lemonade....." I get it... Thank you God... I finally get it... I have heard it before.. even thought I got it before... but last week 2 months from my 48th birthday..... I truly got it....

I was so thrilled by this... and being someone who needs to be with something she has discovered on a deeper level.... something profound that literally makes my heart skip a beat......before I share it with enthusiasm....... I love to hang onto the thought.. with excitement of the revelation... like a hard candy, I savour it, let it roll around in my mind, let it's complexity unfold simply, discover the profoundness in the moment and the thought until I feel, I really believe I have understood it's meaning in my life.......

Lately, I have had many of these such moments... however this one... was huge to me.... I wish I could share that moment with everyone... allowing you to feel it the way I felt it.... I wish I could take you through the peeling of the layers as I discovered it's simplicity... but alas I can explain it but you have to explore it in the depths of your own mind...

Some of us are born to be caretakers, advocates, leaders and keepers of the strength..... knowing that whatever life hands you, whatever you choose, how that looks, how it unfolds is your responsibility... making lemonade may be difficult at the moment... however it is much better then letting those lovely lemons rot while it's within your control to create something yummy..... to share it... to feed others... now that's the key.. that's the piece that rocks the world.... that's the ticket that stands up, owns it and makes changes... that's what generosity is really about.... sharing, giving, letting go of resentment, anger and simply opening your heart and mind connection fully... without judgement or preconceived notions of how it will unfold...  fully hugging another human with all your heart....

Oh please let it be...... seeing sparkling lemonade for the first time.... oh let it be.......

No comments:

Post a Comment