Saturday, April 30, 2011

Challenging times calls for movement. not always the popular choice for everyone.....

I have a friend that would never say good-bye when he hung up the phone... I tried to coerce him into it many times... and one day I asked him... why do you never say good-bye.... he told me that if he said good-bye it was forever and this was his way of ensuring that he would always see you again... there would always be a next time.....
Last night..... I said good-bye for real....  I said good-bye to 6 years of my life... to something that I brought into this world.... something I gave birth to... something I nurtured, fought with and gave my all to... only now it has not  gone off to college - the baby has grown in spite of me, taken wings and flown beyond me.......

It was time for me..... it was time for it.... to let go.... to truly understand that I am not the same person I was before Oct 22, 2010 and neither is it... sometimes we stand in each others way, get our back up and block each other from really living to our potential.... I know we worked very very hard together and we butted heads alot but at the end of the day this baby is growing up and really needed me to let it go....

I speak about POWE.. Power of Women Exchange.. that I founded along with my partner Lia Bandola... and I have a bitter sweet feeling about it all... I know for me it is the best thing... you know all that jazz about me and no stress.... yes the no stress thing... when I looked at where I was spending the bulk of my time, where the majority of my stress was coming from I could not deny it was POWE.... it's a big job... a demanding job, one that is ever evolving and one with many chiefs - women....

I know that this decision has mixed reviews from people however if they really thought about it.. they would realize that it's a very good thing..... and personally I must take care of myself now... truth is what they think of me is none of my business... how my decision about my life is really affecting theirs is something they let happen... that it's really not going to affect them at all unless they allow it....

I do believe with all my heart that POWE is in the right hands... capable hands.... I trust and believe that change is exactly what POWE needs to build strength.... to grow and be what it was intended to be from the beginning... complacency happens every day around us... we get comfortable.... we get resentful and think that its happening to us when we... oh yes we.... are to blame for it.... whether we like to face it and believe that is true or not.... I can tell you it is...

I believe its going to change and may look much different... and I can't wait to watch it grow.... change happens in spite of you.... fight with all your might to resist, get angry about it, push as hard as you like but in the end... change will happen... I know this now... more then ever I know that if you flow with it, embrace it... oh it might not look the way you wanted it to.. however embracing and flowing with it allows ease... your ease... your stress level decreases and you soon realize that what you feared was nothing... you making things up as you go... is not the best way to be...

In the end.... a new dawn is happening on many levels... for POWE.... for Lia.... for me....  I trust with all my heart that our baby will be better then fine... that Lia and her team will make it into something new and fresh and you will see bright things happening with it... I trust that this is the movement it needed to move to the next level.... whatever that is.... however it looks.....I trust... I have confidence in Lia and it's her time to shine... her time to choose..... I support her in whatever she decides to do 1000%....

A new dawn is emerging... open your arms, open your heart and embrace it... support it..... support Lia..... support POWE.... I will be......

As I lead by example... I know that my rightful place in our world is to emerce myself into being a voice against elder abuse... to create awareness and education so everyone truly understands the issues our society is facing now with it... to alleviate it by offering a family approach to aging... to care for our vulnerable in our society....to assist other to have a full life from start to finish.... big job... I know.. I am up to the challenge with an incredible team right beside me....

I am following my heart... my passion is alive.. no it's on fire right now... burning hot..... being the example of what I want to see in my world.... and serving my community in a way that I know will be the change.....

Trusting God... trusting myself that this is the right thing to do....

No comments:

Post a Comment