Saturday, April 23, 2011

Where Apathy lives.. hate survives... Where Curiosity lives... hope reigns supreme....

We all have a duty to serve our country, our families and our neighbours right...... it struck me this morning how change is made typically by one person who activates their dream, their goal then speaks it to others who agree...... the change then becomes contagious when a group of people participate together in that vision, that dream.... together so much can change.....

Oh but apathy lives everywhere... many of us wait until someone else starts it.. and because so many are so deeply amerced in their own issues, problems and trying so hard to make a life they don't even see that they really do matter in this world... their active participation means everything... their thoughts, their dreams and their goals can change the world... we can become apathetic by closing the doors on other issues around us as we solely focus on one...ours.....and not participating in the big change....

Or is it, that there are true leaders and necessary followers among us.... are there people who were born with leadership qualities and those that are born to work the visions....... I believe deep inside all of us we have leadership qualities and we all have dreams.... OK smartie pants... what's the difference and why do some stand out, take risks, speak their dreams and then go to work on them while others don't and keep their dream to themselves,  hiding it away......

Ahhh, in my opinion... 100% of the time.. telling the world your vision, going after your dream comes from you believing in it first... trusting your gut, your intuition first... is it a good thing...am I doing the right thing... is it necessary... envisioning the outcomes.... your own enthusiasm as you share it..... being open and willing to ask and accept help..... your confidence in yourself to get it done.... accepting criticism with grace..... owning your mistakes..... and knowing you have what it takes to go the distance.... do you know this.. do you trust this and yourself to deliver 100%???????

If you answer yes... man there is nothing that will stop you but if you... well... and offer up excuses to yourself or anyone else at any time................. it will paralyze you somewhere along the way.... and then the horrid apathy steps in..... you know apathy.. I know apathy... it's not really caring what happens.... not really wanting to get involved... not wanting to take a stand and really be the change.. it's all talk but no ACTION attached... and I am sorry to say but there is more of this in our world then action.... where apathy lives... resentment and hate lives........... it's nasty and a life will be paralyzed from it.....................

I used to hear it a work (when I had a job for another company) "that's not my job"...... that's apathy..... my kids... "it's his mess, he can clean it up"..... that's apathy.... turning your cheek to avoid seeing something happening to others in our world.... ignoring the truth of rape, murder and politicians running amok... that's apathy.... not standing up for what you believe in... that's apathy..... NOT VOTING that's apathy.....

There is hope..... hope lives in curiosity..... where people are open, willing to learn and share that they are ready to take action... apathy can't live... where people take responsibility for their world... 100% of the time apathy can't live..... where people believe that change can and will happen... apathy can't live.... where people know in their heart & mind connection that they, themselves are part of the change..... that their dream, their neighbours dream will change the world.... apathy perishes... it can not survive.....

This morning I had an Epiphany as Christians celebrate the Resurrection of our Saviour.... it lives in each one of us... the opportunity to resurrect our passions... stand up for what we believe in and accept that we are part of it all... we must not take this for granted... vote.... however be educated on who to vote for... take the time and call the parties offices and learn before you mark x on the spot... get involved in something in your community that calls you, tugs at your heart strings... help your neighbour shovel snow, mow the lawn... ya I know it's their property... but if you are doing it anyway... what's the difference.... bake a cake, cupcakes, bread and take it to someone recuperating after surgery.... a friend who has lost a loved one... an ELDERLY PERSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I believe I have a duty... first to share this with you... to inspire you to go into your heart and find what lives there.... bring it out.. stand proud and share..... live in curiosity, intense enthusiasm, vibrant energy and repel apathy............. take one step towards being the change... get involved in something that feels right to you.... resurrect those dreams..... the real you buried in there has something to share... love to give and change to be....

I am... I am... man it took alot of working through all of this I write about to realize that I am a voice, a Strong advocate for seniors and I love being that..... can I change the world by using this knowledge... you bet your ass I can......... I am.... I have resurrected my dreams. my passion found me again and my heart is swelling with love, energy and enthusiasms for creating my centre and for raising money to fund an Emergency Senior House......one that will allow a senior removed from an abusive situation safety on a short term basis until we can get them placed... one that will provide the necessities of life that have been stripped away... one that will offer dignity, love and care at a time when that was denied..... oh yes I can.... I am...

I urge you... as I am being the change I want to see in my world.... as I work the change I believe to be of great importance... believing that a measure of a society is judged on how we treat our vulnerable... our children and our elderly....  I believe I can make a difference.... I believe 100%..... how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment