Monday, April 11, 2011

With Progression comes a payout...I have numerous ways of contributing to the change!

I have to make a decision now.... I am cutting it close to the wire... the mammogram is booked but..... I don't want to go to it... I will do the ultrasound for sure.... but the radiation I will get from it is accumulative and after having had 3 in 2 months and learning everything there is to know about what happened and what I am left with in there to fight so that the big C won't grow there... I just dont' think I can subject myself knowingly to more radiation...

After my lumpectomy pathology results in hand... I researched every detail of those results.... tearing them apart.... deciphering them.... speaking to one of my docs... who deals in traditional and alternative medicines.... I found an article written by the author of Adventures of Cancer Bitch... S.L. Wisenburg.... now this article was posted on MEDMD which is a site I enjoy, subscribe to and trust to give me good info... so I started to read it and was shocked to learn her story is exactly like mine.... up to this point.... I mean exactly.... it rocked me..... it shocked me..... because she went ahead and followed the traditional followup mammograms for the next year and bingo......cancer.....

The article talks about radiation being accumulative and that she honestly believes that this contributed to the cells mutating into cancer... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... it has stuck in my head ever since..... I have not cancelled the mammo yet...... but I know I need further education on this matter.............

Looking into thermography, I know there is no radiation involved... ultrasound.... yup I believe I will do that.... as I write this I am deducing my own conclusions..... no mammogram for me... now that doesn't mean that I don't believe in your choice... I believe that a mammo has it's place.. and for a baseline we need to have them.... I also believe that ultrasound should be routine as well... not a a step 2... look over 437,000 women are being diagnosed every year with breast cancer in this country .... are you kidding............. did you know that every 3 minutes in Canada someone, man, woman or child is told they have cancer.... are you kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so appalled by these numbers it makes me feel sick...............

Stress........ preservatives........... lack of vitamins and essential minerals...... poor nutrition..... lack of sleep........ predisposition.......environmental........ location........ on and on it goes.... with progression comes a payout........ you can't have one without the other.... no way.... I know that for sure.... I have no doubt of this.... not in our society as it is.... what do these changes mean to a body.... well look at the numbers of illness that will tell you..........

OK enough... what can you do.... what can I do... what can the lot of us together....... individually we can change all those nasty things above.... yes we can............ stop shaking your head... yes you can............ as individuals the numbers are accumulative too... as we each change - we change those numbers..... together we can do things that raise awareness.... education and therefore concentrate on prevention......

This is my goal... I feel like I have been shaken awake.... this new passion to save everyone from self-destruction by front-end loading is my goal.... starting with myself..... eating properly.... cleanly..... (as best I can) taking my vitamin cocktails...... losing 50lbs.....maybe then with one person at a time as I sit and have coffee... with my centre and the cancer support Yvette and I are planning in the first one...... with my Stilettos event to raise money for the Breast Centre...... and then on a bigger playing field with my book.... with this blog............ I have numerous ways of contributing to the change....

What's your plan??? Just for today... let's concentrate of making one change.... one thing that will help ourselves and others around us.... I know I will be......

No comments:

Post a Comment