Wednesday, July 6, 2011

A little extra never hurts right?

Imagine..... 2 funerals in the same week... a friend tells me he has 2 funerals in one week... I hope we all learn to celebrate the life and not the loss... I find people tend to hang onto the latter more... stay in that place a long time and forget the moments, the memories they had.. the life that person lead... although loss is real, and nothing words can diminish my hope for others is that they hold on tight to the fond memories and celebrate the life...

Life.. it's a wonderful thing isn't it? Death... how do we feel about that... do we fear it, do we actually respect it for what it is... do we understand or believe in life after.. is it better... is there nothing.. is this all there is and God gave us this gift to live to it's fullest?? I ponder this.... we steer ourselves in directions of things we should and should not do... we make up the moments of our lives with choices.... we hold ourselves in places of fear, lack and anxiety, we test the waters and only when it's warm do we even jump in.... we are a funny bunch us humans aren't we???


My grandmother is failing and we are concerned for sure... 97 years she has been on this planet....I have such fond memories of her... as her memory fails and she goes back in time to memories of being a young girl, of me as a little girl, of my dad and uncle as children I wonder if that is God's plan to help remember the wonderful life she has been blessed with... I don't know.. maybe it's just me trying hard to find the solace in it... so that my heart won't break... and my legs don't go weak and I lose sight of those amazing memories and time I was blessed with having with her... who on the planet at days from her 48th birthday has her grandmother... who just months from his wedding, just months from his 29th bday has his great-grandmother... not many... not many indeed....

I am starting to share my new journey.... my weight loss journey... I have lost 10lbs on the button... 16 inches gone so far... 2700 to go now( no really it's only 55)... not bad.. this morning I walked 4000 steps which is 1.9miles... I am trying every day to outdo my own best.. I am competing with myself to lose weight and feel better.. imagine that.... my personal best must get better every single day... I am so proud of myself over the last 4 weeks... on a mission... oh yes I am.. no letting myself down... cause I am the most important person in my life... health, strength, stamina are what it takes to live your dreams... without these I am not sure how anyone can accomplish their goals... laser focus, vision and action take work...

When the centre opens I will be adding yoga, zoomba and more to my fitness... but.. I had to start somewhere and walking in the morning with my puppy is fun... OMG I said it... me who hates to exercise, me who sleeps so terribly, me who loves comfort.... ya me... I have done well on this 4 week journey so far.. have ways to go.....what I know for sure... I am not just losing weight to look better.. I am doing it to save my life.. to feel my optimum best... shedding the pounds, shedding all the other junk in the trunk that is not needed... all the baggage..


Today is my 6 month follow up mammogram and ultrasound.. wish me luck... I don't really need it because I am all good.... however.... alittle extra never hurts.... right?

No comments:

Post a Comment