Sunday, March 27, 2011

Progression, in My Opinion is taking us backwards......

As I mentioned before, most mornings I get up bang into walls, eyes half open.... drink my giant glass of water, do my morning business and depending on the day I will get into the shower or I will come down stairs and have a coffee first.... Lord knows I have never been a morning person and because of my sleep habits it takes me so long to wake up...... good thing I don't work for someone else... the older I get the worse it gets.....

Yesterday, we dropped off our baby....our hairy son Axel at the vets... I love this dog.... the full deal was being done, neuter, baby teeth pulled, full dental - teeth scaling, blood work, heart worm check... geeeeee. pooor puppy and to top it off it was $700 when the week before was $250...... should have been a vet.....

Did you know the neutering fee of $210 doesn't include IV or anesthetic?? What is that... how would they expect to snip them without putting them under... are you kidding me??????????? Oh we recommend you give him IV fluids, it's better for them, really???? really?????? so anesthetic was $89 and preop blood work is $59...... oh and the after IV I totally forget......having me pay extra for this is robbery??? really?????

Now the teeth..... so he hadn't lose one of his baby fangs and his breath smelled.... of course he needed that pulled for $20... and the scaling.... how's $150 grab you....... and then there is the heart worm blood which was $46...... and the small little items just keep adding up..... last week he had an ear infection and rabies shot... so the 2 of them and a bottle of antibiotics for his ears all came to $250......

What happened to the days when you fed a dog left overs and he went to the vet once in 15 years and he lived to be 18 years old.... modern age has changed our animals into small replicas of what we are... we then decided to commercialize their food... put crap, sugar, pieces parts and PRESERVATIVES into their food and sell it with commercials tooting how good it is.... again really???????

Somewhere along the line progression in my opinion is making our animals weaker, more susceptible to disease and then we need to stuff them full of drugs to keep them alive just like humans.... what a paradoxical time we live in.....

There are raw diets, vet diets, kibble, soft canned food, soft food with gravy sitting on shelf... what worries me..... is that it all must contain so much preservatives........ I cook his food.... he nibbles on kibble but he eats my own concoction that gives him carbs, veg and protein.... and I know what has gone into it.....

Heading to Julia's cottage for the night.. girls night... to drink some wine... pedicure and hang out in the hot tub..... Ossie will hang out and cuddle with Axel.... tomorrow he heads to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for 5 days of golfing.... man am I gonna get things done around here....

Have the best weekend ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment