Saturday, February 5, 2011

When is post-surgery finished???


I like this picture... Ossie and I on the formal night on the cruise... all about the pink....
It wasnt surgery I had it was a mack truck hitting me head on, throwing me 50ft in the air and dropping me face first into a field of rocks.... last week I was fighting a cold... I knew it... I knew it... knew that if I got a cold they may not do the surgery... so I fought it... not with drugs because I wasnt allowed to take anything... but with my mind.. yup my strong mind....

Yesterday, I felt the familiar tickle in my nose... you know the one that is there but isnt really.. the one that makes you think you are gonna sneeze... so here I am looking straight into light bulbs and the wee bit of sun shining through the windows... thinking please let this be dust... but by late afternoon it's not... it's a cold... my nose hurts because I have blown it oh 1000 times... my eyes are watering....

My cupcakes were delivered.. I didnt get to meet Mandy.. I went up to have a hot bath.. Ossie answered the door and was met with a surprise.. they were paid for ... someone had paid for my cupcakes... how sweet.. who could that be.... I bet it was Jenn... Ossie says Mandy is just a young thing... nice girl... imagine... brain cancer and having to support yourself going through chemo too... imagine... but.... I will tell you the cupcakes are fabulous... I will order them for everyone!!!

Enough cupcakes and crap now... I need to get on with this... need to fill up on vitamin C... veg, fruit and echinecea... enough crap already... no more drugs... the incision started to get itchy last night in bed... scratched over the tape... didnt really help.. couldnt feel it anyway.. kinda numb...

Saturday... whooopeeee....here I sit in my jammies - cause I dont care to get dressed; hair not done - I tried that waterless shampoo - my hair stinks now; my eyes swollen and watering - burning like hell as I rub them; my nose is red and raw - only blowing it every few seconds; headache cause I need to poop - ya ya hot water and lemon... yuck!; ears are crackling - blocked from stuff running down my throat all night; chewing down vitamin C.... dry as a fart; boob itchy inside and can't scratch it or I will rip the stitches out; just thinking how one short week ago I was in the sunshine... being served, laying in the sun... living in my bathing suit... makes me contemplate how quickly time flys.... and wonder if our nails do indeed grow faster in warmer weather... only 3 weeks ago and my toe nail polish needs doing again.....

So today, I think I will feel sorry for myself and accept my Princess Pissy crown... and just do a alot of nothing... sometimes it's ok to do nothing... this is what they tell me... who are they anyway.. and what are they really doing with their lives... nothing??? nothing????

I really should get into my closets and clear out that clutter.... ok don't get all self-righteous on me..... I will get to it..... ya maybe later I will do something... like... eat dinner.....

No comments:

Post a Comment