Friday, February 18, 2011

I Think Today is Normal... Don't say it too loud.......

I went to the office for 2 hours yesterday... I even got a few things done... about 2 minutes after we got home, knock at the door.... it was Mandy.. cupcake Mandy... and her husband... bringing me lovely cupcakes in celebration of my results... how lovely is that... 2 bouquets of flowers on my desk - 1 from mom and dad and one from Deb... and cupcakes...

What a girl she is, here she is with brain cancer, taking chemo and she thinks to bring me cupcakes.... absolutely blows me away the generosity of some people... how lovely... order cupcakes from her.... $10 for 6 and real fresh ingredients, butter cream icing... yummmm. this is how she is supporting herself through this.... her email is o_connormandy@hotmail.com


I have ordered some for Saturday night... our party at Julia's to celebrate and I am treating my friends to cupcakes for desert.... pink ones of course......

This morning I was reading the pathology report and those things make no sense to me... in one spot it says lumpectomy and in another it says partial mastectomy....

Let me tell you, I have my boob.. as the swelling is done down it's just a 2.5 inch battle wound with about 1/2 inch down from it... not so bad.... reading these things is like trying to decipher spy code or something...

This clock is being paid forward - to my son Justin and future wife Bonnie Boop... not for their house, they would turn their nose up at it... although Justin might not.. he is such a family oriented guy, that he would remember this always being in our homes.. everywhere we moved.. it was there...

This clock was a gift from my ex-husbands nephew and we loved it... so it has to be about 25 years old... well look at that - it's an antique.... Oh my... I am old enough to have an antique in my lifetime????????????? wow.... that's a wake up call isn't it.

My kids are getting married in September and they don't want to have a Jack & Jill shower because friends and family are so spread out... so they want to have a yard sale... you guessed it... at my house.... with donations from friends and families and anyone else that wishes to....

These kids are paying cash for this big wedding because it's really important to the family guy Justin to have his families and friends... all together... Bonnie she could have gone south.... so just like any other young couple the money from showers goes to the wedding... well the kids are no different... do you know how much weddings cost today???? scary I will tell you that!!!

This is so cool... they are having a yard sale and everyone is welcome of course and a 50/50..... so if anyone has anything they want to get rid of... please donate it to the yard sale... I am collecting in my garage... oh yes I am.......

It's so nice to just focus on normal life things again.... my kids wedding, the Stilettos event, work abit... for the next 2 weeks I am still going to take things slow... and I still need to get my head around all of this stuff but I feel lighter somehow.. not in weight let me tell ya... but that's ok Weight Watcher next Wed... right Julia..... and get our butts over to Renewed Studio for some yoga classes.. I can start with gentle yoga there for sure... oh and soup...... yummmmmmmmm......

Today, I am going to make my bed, do the dishes, straighten up abit and take my puppy for a little walk up the street.. enjoy the sunshine.... the birds chirping.... Lia's company later and possibly Yvette... talk about some business stuff and damn it... BE NORMAL... for the first time in months... not just floating above.. be normal....

I have 3 months til the first follow up.... so tomorrow shopping with Julia, dinner and drinks with friends.... normal weekend stuff.... I will have laundry to do.... normal stuff..... how freakin fantastic is that............

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Amazing.... breathe in and out, be in this moment and do normal things.... thank you God!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment