Wednesday, January 12, 2011

354 - Smelling is believing!


#354
Oscar De La Renta signature perfume... I love the scent.. light and fruity... my friend Lisa has worn it for years.. well truth is I dont know if she still does or not... she did and I always liked the scent... it reminds me of her.. we were so close when we were kids... she loved it.... now Lia Bandola says she loves it... it's her fav... Lia my partner in POWE... my friend, my councellor, my fellow traveler in this world.. we have often said we were sisters in another life... oh wait someone actually told us we were... there are times when I am thinking something and she says it, times when she is thinking something and I say it...
yesterday I tell her about the challenge and we talk perfume... I read her my blog about my mother in law and Chanel... I told her, Chanel is well being a lady... pearls, suits, high heel pumps, white gloves and Chanel #5........ that's being a lady... it's time for me to touch the feminine part of me now...
the most feminine part of me, well one of them is about to go.... it's time to touch the feminine part of me.... Lia loves Oscar... it's hers... she is Oscar to me now... strong enough to cry, tough enough to take on a brand new phase in her life.... open to listening to me say how I have denied the dark invader until yesterday...... denial... that's what she called it... Lia....... thank you for your understanding, you caring, for not tilting your head to the left, for listening and acknowleding and not telling me how I feel... thank you I love you!!!! Oscar is you! I will forever pass by a counter now and think of you, pass by someone wearing it and know it's you!!!
Someone texted me today and asked me if I am scared... ummm no... but did you know that they are taking out my lymphnodes in the area where the dark invader lives... scared nope... numb yup.... how dumb am I not to know they are doing that.... well I told you some days are gonna be ok and I am able to fight dark invaders in a single surgery and other days I am just me... alone in the dark afraid to look into the darker deeper parts for fear that there is more they are gonna tell me...
Ok, so this is a blessing right..... I get to share it with you and hopefully together we can let this world know this is unacceptable... I know 10 women... 10 who have had it or have it and are fighting for their lives and we just become immune to this... hey wake up.... we need to fight back... I need you to fight back... not wearing pink.. but really fight back.. get your mamograms, talk to each other about it... demand your friends get their mamo's.... let everyone know this is unacceptable in 2011 that so many of us are afflicted with this... come on girls... gang up with me... this is nuts....
where does all that pink money go anyway!!!! I have no idea, so what do we need to do... lose weight, stop eating preservatives, drink more fresh water, organic veg, sleep more, yoga more, pilates and cardio... what..... what.... how come it happens... how come it happened...
wake up call... live for today and tomorrow and health and each other... lets pass it onto our sisters... our daughters... mamograms, self exams... all of it.. thermography... less crap...
soooooo I leave for my cruise in 3 sleeps and I am going to have the time of my life... my girlfriend, my buddy.... Julia is going with me... she is going to be right there living with me... we are going to experience so much over the next 2 weeks that is everything life should be - outside of an operating room....
do me a huge favour... post this on your walls on Facebook, share it with your friends... follow my blog... when I am away I am going to talk to you... you are my solace, I am not good face to face crying or sharing... not really when it comes to my inner feelings... I am tough remember... superwoman... share it for me... your supporting me is everything right now...
I will post when I need to over the time I am away... I take you with me.. thank you for listening today... I know my superwoman positive shield has been disintigrated today... maybe tomorrow it will be back...
next!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment